Guest Services – the following services are available to patrons of the Colorado Springs World Arena:
• Assistive Listening Devices: Are available at Customer Service counter next to the First Aid room on the concourse level near section 103/104. A form of identification will be required to be left when checking the device out. If the service counter is not open, please contact a Guest Services Attendant or Supervisor for assistance.
o For guests who are deaf, please call 719-477-2107 or email the following address for assistance: email@example.com
• Automated Teller Machine: There is one ATM conveniently located within the Colorado Springs World Arena near Gate A section 105/106 on the concourse level.
• BackStage Pass Newsletter: The Colorado Springs World Arena publishes a free weekly newsletter that is distributed via email. The Backstage Pass Newsletter is the best way to find out about upcoming shows and events, World Arena and Pikes Peak Center news, contests and meet/greet opportunities. Updates, announcements and special alerts all to out to the newsletter subscribers. To subscribe to the free newsletter, please click on this link: http://www.worldarena.com/backstagepass
• Baby Diaper Changing Station: Located in all Men's, Women's and Family restrooms throughout the Colorado Springs World Arena.
• First Aid: The Colorado Springs World Arena First Aid Station is located on the Concourse Level, near Section 103/104 and marked by the international first aid symbol. If you think medical attention is needed, notify the nearest Guest Services Attendant, Supervisor or Security Staff member. An AED (Defibrillator) is available outside the First Aid Station on the concourse level mounted on the wall in a white marked box. A hand sanitizing station is available outside the First Aid Station on the concourse level mounted on the wall.
• Group Tickets: The Colorado Springs World Arena offers a premier group ticketing experience, often providing preferred seating and services. Call 719-477-2116 for information.
• Lost and Found: If you believe you have misplaced an item during your visit, please call 719-477-2100 during normal business hours Monday-Friday: 8am until 5pm. During the event you may visit the Customer Service Counter located near section 104/105 and/or the Receptionist area near section 107/108 on the concourse level to inquire if your item has been found or to leave information with a description of the item and how to contact you. The Colorado Springs World Arena is not responsible for personal belongings left unattended. The Colorado Springs World Arena advises all guests to leave their valuables at home.
• Penrose Club Membership: Located in the heart of the World Arena, the prestigious Penrose Club offers the best seats, the finest dining and exquisite service to its members. Club Members enjoy their own entrance to the Arena and VIP parking. Membership options include a classic membership (the works!) and a “Lite” membership that has fewer benefits than the classic membership, but lighter fees. For more information, please contact the Colorado Springs World Arena Administrative Office at 719-477-2102.
• Restrooms and Water Fountains: Men’s and Women’s restrooms are located throughout the concourse level and marked with signage. All restrooms are accessible to persons with disabilities. All restrooms have diaper-changing stations. There are two Family Restrooms located on the concourse and can be found near sections 104/105 and 116/117. Water fountains are available on the concourse for guests and can be found on the concourse level near sections 106/107, 108/109, 116/117 and 118/119.
• Taxi Service: Yellow Cab service is available by calling 719-777-7777 or a Guest Services Attendant may contact Yellow Cab on your behalf. A designated parking space for drop off and pick up is available in Lot A for guest convenience.
• Telephones: A courtesy telephone is available for local calls only in the Receptionist area near sections 107/108 on the concourse level.
• Ticketing: TicketsWest is the contracted ticketing provider for Colorado Springs World Arena events. Tickets may be conveniently purchased at/through the following locations:
o Internet: www.TicketsWest.com
o Phone: 719-520-7469
o King Soopers – all Front Range King Soopers, customer service counters
o Colorado Springs World Arena Box Office – 3185 Venetucci Blvd.
o Pikes Peak Center Box Office – 190 S. Cascade
• Wheelchairs: Transporter chairs are available to assist guests from the parking lot into or out of the facility and to/from their seats. Please see the Receptionist at the Club Entrance near section 107/108 on the concourse level to request use. A form of identification will be required to be left when checking a chair out.
All Colorado Springs World Arena guests are expected to maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Any behavior defying the Venue policies as determined by facility management can result in ejection and possible arrest by the Colorado Springs Police Department and/or El Paso County Sheriff. Ejected guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way. Colorado Springs World Arena management reserves the right to deny entry or eject from the premise/grounds guests displaying inappropriate behavior as determined by facility/event management.
All persons entering the Colorado Springs World Arena voluntarily assume all risks and dangers incidental to any event. During a Hockey Game, guests should be aware of hockey pucks that may enter the seating area. For the safety of all guests, while the puck is in play during a hockey game, guests must wait at the top/bottom of the aisles until play has stopped to go to their ticketed seat/area.
All programs, dates, and times are subject to change without notice. All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges. Reselling of tickets at any value is prohibited in or on premise/grounds.
• Americans with Disabilities Act: The Colorado Springs World Arena is sensitive to the needs of physically challenged individuals, both in the design of the Arena and its policies. Seating for the physically challenged is available at all price levels for all events throughout the Arena.
• Assistance During Events: Please contact the nearest Guest Services Attendant, Supervisor or Security Staff member.
• Audio & Video Recorders: The use of video and/or audio recorders is generally prohibited for all events.
• Behavior: Individual conduct must be bound by law and the rights of others to enjoy the event. Guest behavior cannot unreasonably offend others or be unreasonably abusive to other guests, players, officials or performers. Arena staff reserves the right to eject patrons whose behavior seriously affects the ability of others to enjoy the event. Please notify s Guest Services Attendant or Supervisor immediately if any such problem occurs.
• Cameras: Guests are permitted to bring personal cameras (flash photography not allowed for the safety of those on the ice) to the Colorado College Hockey games, see specifications below. For all other events the camera policy is determined on an event-by event basis by the Artist’s tour management. For up-to-date information on the camera policy for the specific event you are attending, please visit the show’s information page on the Colorado Springs World Arena website the day before the event or e-mail your specific inquiry to us by going to the Colorado Springs World Arena webpage (www.worldarena.com) click on guest services, click on contact us and send your question.
o If allowed, cameras will be inspected at entry. Cameras must be 35mm or less, disposable, or digital with a lens that is not detachable. Cameras must be small enough to fit into pants pockets.
Audio recording and video recording (including cell phones) is prohibited. Colorado Springs World Arena management reserves the right to require guests immediately check devices that were not detected at the point of entry. Guests will be directed to designated Receptionist or Customer Service area for device check-in and will be given a claim ticket for retrieval of the device at the conclusion of the event.
• Carry-in Items: Cans, bottles, thermos-type containers and coolers are not allowed in the Colorado Springs World Arena. Please see Prohibited Items below for additional item restrictions.
• Cell Phones and Pagers: Please power off, or set volume to vibrate, all cell phones and pagers prior to entering the facility.
• Children's Tickets: For most events children age 2 and up are required to purchase a ticket, although some events may require children as young as 1 year to purchase a ticket. Check the event listing for event specific information.
• Disabled Seating: As you enjoy a wide variety of sports and entertainment events at the Colorado Springs World Arena, our goal is to provide you with the kind of assistance and service excellence that will make your visit a positive experience. Guests with disabilities who require disabled seating may purchase tickets through the same methods, at same hours, and same times of sales as guests requiring non-disabled seating. Please note that while the Colorado Springs World Arena has well in excess of required accessible seating (and parking) locations under applicable law, accessible seating (and parking) is nonetheless limited and a request for accessible seating does not guarantee availability. Tickets are sold on a first-come first-served basis. The following will give you helpful information to make your visit with us memorable and enjoyable:
o Automatic doors are located at the entrances of Gates A, B and C and the Club Entrance.
o There are wheelchair accessible ticketing windows located at the Box Office along with an automatic door for access to the indoor windows.
o A ramp is located outside the facility in front of Gate B for easy accessibility.
o Water fountains located on the concourse level near sections 106/107, 108/109, 116/117 and 118/119 are wheelchair height accessible.
o All restrooms are accessible to persons with disabilities.
o Parking Spaces are available for those with a valid disability permit in lots B, C and D and in Lot A for Penrose Club Members.
o Concession counters are at a height comfortable for all guests.
o There are disabled wheelchair and companion seats as well as easily accessible seats available in the Colorado Springs World Arena. Each wheelchair accessible seat includes the option to purchase at least one (1) companion seat immediately adjacent to the wheelchair location, and, subject to availability at the time of purchase, up to a total of three (3) companion seats in the same row, unless ticket sales for any particular event are limited to fewer than four (4) total tickets for all purchasers. The Colorado Springs World Arena reserves the right to address fraudulent purchases for accessible seating to the extent provided by law including, with respect to single event ticket purchases, asking the purchaser if they, or someone for whom they are purchasing, has a mobility disability that requires the use of a wheelchair space. With respect to season tickets, we may ask the purchaser to attest in writing that they, or the person for whom they are purchasing, as a mobility disability that requires the use of a wheelchair space. ADA ticket fraud includes, but is not limited to, the misrepresentation of a disability. Management reserves the right to take appropriate action regarding misrepresentation which may result in relocation or revocation of tickets and ejection. Guests who require wheelchair seating must provide their own wheelchair. Unsold disability seating may be released for public sale.
• Doors Open: For most events doors open 60 minutes before start time of the performance.
• Food, Beverages and Alcohol: No outside food, beverages or alcohol may be brought into the Colorado Springs World Arena. Guests are expected to follow all laws governing the purchase, possession, and consumption of alcohol. A valid I.D. is required for purchase of alcohol. Guests are responsible for their own drinking and are expected to drink responsibly. It is the responsibility of the guest to ensure they have a safe means of transportation when leaving the facility. At the discretion of management, all beverages will be poured into plastic cups and bottle tops will be removed from all plastic bottles. No alcohol is allowed to leave the facility. Guests attempting to leave with alcohol will have the alcohol immediately confiscated. The Colorado Springs World Arena Management reserves the right to eject and have cited any individuals under the age of twenty one (21) who illegally purchase, posses, or consume alcohol or are visibly intoxicated. Individuals providing alcohol to those under twenty one (21) will also be ejected and subject to citation.
o Alcohol Sales at Hockey Games: All alcohol sales on the concourse level will cease at the end of the second period. The private Penrose Club sells alcohol through post-game.
o Alcohol Sales at Concerts & Other Events: All alcohol sales will cease after intermission or at Management discretion. Some events may be designated as ‘non-alcohol’ events and will not be served.
o Food and Beverage Sales at all Events: Will end shortly after intermission or at the discretion of building management.
• Laser Pens: All laser pens or laser instruments are prohibited. Fans with such objects are subject to ejection from the building as well as confiscation and disposal of the object.
• Lost or Stolen Tickets: Lost single event/game tickets may not be replaced. Season tickets that are lost or left at home may be replaced, provided the ticket holder and seat location can be verified. Stolen tickets may be replaced for the face value of the tickets provided the Box Office receives a copy of an official Police Report and if the seat location can be verified. Only tickets purchased from TicketsWest, the Colorado Springs World Arena Box Office or the Pikes Peak Center Box Office and/or its affiliates can be guaranteed as authentic. Guests should be aware tickets purchases from other parties/sources, even if the seller claims they were originally purchased through TicketsWest, the Colorado Springs World Arena Box Office or the Pikes Peak Center Box Office and/or it affiliates, may be invalid due to fraud or duplication.
• Noise-making Devices: No extraneous noise-making devices shall be permitted inside the facility/on the grounds. These items include, but are not limited to: horns, whistles, air horns, cymbals, cow bells, bugles.
• Paging: Public paging of patrons is not available. In case of an emergency, the management staff will attempt to locate a patron if an exact section, row and seat number is provided. Please contact 719-477-2100 during event hours for information.
• Parking: There are more than 2,000 parking spaces located within the Arena's 25-acre lot. Spaces are available for those with a valid disability permit. Parking fee is $5. No guest overnight RV parking/camping is allowed for any event. Parking may be pre-purchased for most events in person at the box office. The Colorado Springs World Arena recommends all guests lock their vehicles and leave them free of any valuables. All valuables are best left at home.
• Parking Ticket Information: The language written on each Colorado Springs World Arena issued parking ticket is as follows:
IMPORTANT NOTICE-EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
This ticket is a license to use one vehicle parking space for the day and event for which this ticket was purchased. Acceptance of this ticket constitutes an agreement that
Colorado Springs World Arena shall not be responsible for loss or damage to the vehicle, its accessories or contents resulting from theft, vandalism, fire or any other
cause. Please lock your vehicle. No employee or agent of the Colorado Springs World Arena can change this agreement. If the holder does not agree to these conditions
the holder may immediately exit this lot at no charge.
• Prohibited items:
o Weapons: Guests are prohibited from bringing any weapons on premise/grounds. Weapons include, but are not limited to firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, pepper spray, tear gas and knives. Guests with concealed weapons permits are prohibited from bringing weapons on premise/grounds.
- As of 12/12: Additional prohibited items: The following items may not be brought into or onto the premise/grounds: Any outside food or beverages, alcoholic beverages, marijuana (legal or medical), illegal or illicit drugs, glass bottles or aluminum cans, coolers, thermos containers, bota bags or wine skins, bullhorns/whistles or noise makers, laser pointers/pens, framed backpacks, confetti, beach balls and other inflatables, skateboards or rollerblades, stools or folding chairs, water bottles or mugs, pets or animals (with the exception of service animals) and cameras and recording devices determined by event.
o Possession of prohibited items will result in confiscation and disposal of such item. All persons entering the premise/ground are subject to bag and purse checks, and in some cases magnetic wanding and guest searches. Failure to comply will result in denied entry.
• Re-entry: The Colorado Springs World Arena has a no re-entry policy. Once you leave the facility during an event you will not be permitted to return. Exceptions may occur for special events and for designated smoking areas.
• Signs & Banners: Signs and/or banners shall be allowed within the Arena as long as they fall within the following guidelines: 1. The sign/banner does not impair the view of any guest. 2. Information contained on the sign/banner is not of the nature that could be construed as vulgar, offensive, graphic or outside of what the community standard would consider in "good taste". 3. Permission to hang a banner has been granted in writing by the Colorado Springs World Arena Administrative Office.
• Service Animals: Service animals trained to work or perform tasks for guests with a disability are welcome inside the Colorado Springs World Arena. All service animals must remain on a leash or be otherwise harnessed.
• Shoes/Footwear: Guests are expected to wear shoes/footwear at all times. Guests not wearing shoes/footwear may be ejected at management discretion. Use of shoes with wheels or roller shoes is prohibited. Roller shoes pose safety dangers to those wearing them and others.
• Smoking: The State of Colorado has smoke-free regulations and the Colorado Springs World Arena is a non-smoking facility, except within designated outside smoking areas. All indoor areas are classified as non-smoking. In addition, smoking is not allowed within 15 feet of an establishment's doorways. A smoking area is located outside the building by Gate C and the Arena Bar, both areas are located on the concourse level. Guests leaving the facility to smoke in a designated area must have their ticket stub to obtain re-entry to the facility.
o Smoking of legal/medical marijuana is prohibited on the premise/grounds. Smoking of ANY illegal substance is prohibited.
o Smoking is also defined to include any and all electronic cigarettes, e-cigarettes or water vapor cigarettes.
• Solicitation/Vending: Unauthorized soliciting or collecting of contributions, vending, distribution of fliers, pamphlets, business cards or other promotional/advertising material (literature) is prohibited on the premises/grounds. Guests found to be marketing as determined by management may be subject to ejection from premise/grounds. Guests found passing out literature will be asked to collect all pieces of marketing handed out and disposed of in the trash. Any additional pieces found make the guest/company subject to the billing for clean-up costs. Guests found marketing on premise/grounds may be cited with trespassing.
• Tailgating: Tailgating or similar activities is prohibited in or on the premises/grounds.
• Television Monitors: Are located throughout the Concourse Level at the concession stands. Please respect the Colorado Springs World Arena advertising obligations and do not change the channels but rather ask a Guest Services Attendant or Supervisor for the event guidelines.
• Throwing Objects: For the safety of all, patrons must refrain from throwing any object in the stands or onto the playing or performing surface. Patrons who do not comply may be ejected from the facility and asked to leave the premise/grounds. Exceptions may occur for special promotions.
• Ticket Back Information: The language written on the back of each Colorado Springs World Arena issued ticket is as follows:
a. Holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior to, during or after the event. Holder voluntarily agrees that the Management Facility, League, Participants, Participating Clubs, TicketsWest, and all of their Respective Agents, Officers, Directors, Owners and Employees are expressly released by Holder from any claims arising from such causes.
b. In the event of a cancellation or rescheduling of the applicable event, Management shall not be required to issue a refund provided that you are given the right, within twelve months of the date of the original event, to attend a rescheduled performance of the same event or to exchange this ticket for a ticket , comparable in price and location, to another similar event as designated by Management except as otherwise provided by law.
c. Certain maximum resale premiums and restrictions may apply in the State, Province or Locality in which the event and/or the resale takes place. Certain States, Provinces, and Localities may have additional restrictions pertaining to the resale of tickets/admission. Consult all statutes and regulations prior to engaging in resale activities.
d. Management reserves the right, without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission to or eject any person whose conduct is deemed by management to be disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language or who fails to comply with these or other management rules. Breach of any of the foregoing will automatically terminate this license. NO REFUNDS, NO EXCHANGES EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. EVENT DATE AND TIME SUBJECT TO CHANGE. ALL RIGHTS SERVED.
e. This ticket is a revocable license and admission may be refused upon refunding the face amount of the ticket. Unlawful resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation. Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources may be lost, stolen or counterfeit, and if so, are void.
f. Holder agrees by use of this ticket, not to transmit or aid in transmitting any description, account, picture or reproduction of the game, performance, exhibition or event for which this ticket is issued. Holder acknowledges that the event may be broadcast or otherwise publicized, and hereby grants permission to utilize holder’s image or likeness in connection with any live or recorded transmission or reproduction of such event.
g. In conformance with some local requirements or certain facility rules, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, controlled substances, cameras, recording devices, bundles and containers of any kind may not be brought into the premises. Some facilities may enforce additional restrictions to other items including, but not limited to bags, backpacks, umbrellas, baby carriers, strollers, signs and banners. Please consult all venue/facility/locality regulations prior to attendance at the event.
h. The barcode printed on this ticket will allow one single entry to an event (unless otherwise indicated). Holder is responsible for the safeguard of this ticket. TicketsWest, its partners and its clients cannot be held responsible for denial of entry due to reproduction of this ticket.
i. This ticket is not redeemable for cash. It is unlawful to reproduce this ticket in any form. Unless indicated otherwise, prices include all applicable taxes and/or cash discounts (if available).
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Colorado Springs World Arena is committed to creating a safe, clean, comfortable and enjoyable environment/experience for all guests. We are committed to provide excellent customer service and a courteous staff. As such, when attending an event/game, guests are required to refrain from the following behaviors:
• Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature
• Fighting or other behavior deemed detrimental to the experience of other guests
• Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
• Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
• Interference with the progress of the event/game
• Failing to follow instructions of facility personnel or management
• Verbal or abusive harassment of opposing team/fans or artists
• Standing on chairs/seats or blocking the aisles
• Disturbing other guests’ enjoyment of the event/game
• Obscene/indecent messages or images on signs or clothing
• Violating any local, state, or federal laws
Guests engaged in any of the above actions may immediately be ejected from the premise/grounds. Ejected guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way.
Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats/area and will present tickets when requested.
Guests are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to the nearest Guest Services Attendant, Supervisor, Security Staff member or call 719-477-2100.
Guest Services, Policies and Code of Conduct are all subject to change.