Equal Employment Opportunity
The Broadmoor World Arena and Pikes Peak Center are firmly committed to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental handicap, or veteran status. The Broadmoor World Arena will make all employment decisions based on equal employment opportunity principles.
To apply for an open position:
1. Complete an application
-applications may be downloaded here for all positions.
-applications may be also obtained at the reception desk at The Broadmoor World Arena
1. Submit a completed application to:
-Reception desk at the World Arena
-Email to: email@example.com
-Mail to: Broadmoor World Arena: Attn. Human Resources - 3185 Venetucci Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80906
-Fax to: 719-477-2199 with label Attn. Human Resources
Full Time Positions:
1. Submit a completed application, resume and cover letter to:
-Reception desk at The Broadmoor World Arena
-Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Mail to: Broadmoor World Arena Attn: Human Resources - 3185 Venetucci Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80906
-Fax to: 719-477-2199 with label Attn. Human Resources
No phone calls, please. All applicants will be contacted.
TITLE: Business Manager/Finance Department
REPORTS TO: Assistant General Manager
FACILITY: Colorado Springs World Arena, Ice Hall and Pikes Peak Center
SUPERVISES: FT Payroll/HR Coordinator
PT A/R Coordinator
FT A/P Coordinator
PT Parking Supervisor
Oversees all accounting, financial reporting and compliance.
- Responsible for timely and accurate Financial Statements, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance
- Monitors all entries into General Ledger
- Prepares & posts Journal Entries
- Prepares month end adjusting entries and accruals/reversals
- Coordinates month end closing with accounting department
- Reconciles all non event-coded balance sheet accounts (assets & liabilities) each month
- Reconciles all event-coded balance sheet accounts (assets & liabilities) periodically
- Prepares and maintains fixed asset schedule
- Preparation of reports to Board, GM and Assistant GM
- Attends and presents financial information to Finance Committee and Board Meetings
- Assists in the developing and implementation of departmental budgets and rolling forecast
- Responsible for preparing and presenting documents and entries for yearly audit.
- Prepares all year end audit work-papers
- Responds to auditor questions and requests
- Assists outside auditors with the preparation of the Form 990 tax return
- Prepares and submits all miscellaneous tax filings
- Prepares monthly sales and use tax reports
- Develops and establishes internal controls for the CSWA following audit guidelines
- Invoices and tracks sponsorships & Penrose Club memberships
- Monitor contracts/billings, settlement sheets, insurances and box office statements
- Records event settlements, balances ticket sales (collections v. ticket audit), creates event settlement invoices.
- Responsible for hiring, training and firing of all accounting and parking personnel
- Perform periodic evaluations on all accounting personnel
- Oversee the processing of credit card payments that effect the operating/event account
- Responsible for monthly tenant invoicing
- Performs monthly balancing with concession’s tenant and resolves discrepancies
- Oversees the World Arena’s paid-parking operation
- ATM’s, company owned – responsible for oversight and accounting controls
- Attends continuing education as necessary to keep CPA certificate current
- This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA required.
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
Five to seven years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with Sage Accounting Software or other large automated accounting system a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
Developing Budgets, Compliance, Tracking, Accounting Rules, Managing Processes, Reporting Research Results, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Motivating Others, Attention to Detail
Strong verbal and written communication skills to direct employees and lead the department.
Hires, supervises, evaluates and terminates accounting/parking personnel
Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
DATE: April 10, 2015
TITLE: Event Services Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Event Services
FACILITY: The Broadmoor World Arena
This position will report to the Director of Event Services for The Broadmoor World Arena and Pikes Peak Center
Under direction of the Director of Event Services, this position will perform all tasks necessary in the coordination of Broadmoor World Arena and Pikes Peak Center events. This position creates and communicates the schedule for the Part Time Guest Services staff. Candidate must be organized; detail-oriented and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must be able and willing to work a varied schedule which may include nights, overnights, weekends, holidays, extended work hours and extended numbers of days.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Event Services Manager to determine the annual Part Time Guest Services hiring needs.
- With the assistance of the Event Services Manager, create the monthly part time Guest Services schedule. This includes an online questionnaire/sign up. Input of online results into a spreadsheet, assigning P/T staff into events and transferring data into the monthly schedule.
- Distribution of P/T Guest Services schedule and follow up on all changes and updates. Document and track all call offs, no shows and disciplinary issues as they pertain to P/T Guest Services Staff.
- Assist the Event Services Manager with developing and implement the Guest Services section of the Annual Part Time Staff Training Meeting. Topics will include Customer Service, Emergency Response Training etc.
- Assist the Event Services Manager with developing and Implement Trained Crowd Manager classes and certification.
- Plan, coordinate and execute assigned events at The Broadmoor World Arena and Pikes Peak Center for the Performing Arts.
- Operate as the main point of contact and coordinator for local user groups including The Colorado Springs Youth Symphony, Children’s Chorale, Imagination Celebration among others and meetings taking place in the Penrose Club, Studio Bee, ANB Bank Room, Arena Concourse, PPC lobbies etc.
- Communicate with event promoters, event managers, and production managers throughout all stages of events; from pre event planning throughout event execution and settlement, coordinate the requirements of each event based on the client contracts and production riders
- Coordinate with operations, changeover, housekeeping, box office, catering, marketing, and technical services to insure that logistical details of each event are being delivered
- Coordinate external contract equipment and labor including but not limited to audio, lighting, backline, heavy equipment, vehicles, gases, décor, etc. and ensure timely delivery and set up
- Serve as a facility representative at events; facilitate pre and post-event walk through to assess facility condition; enforce facility policies and procedures throughout each event; identify and resolve event challenges; resolve public complaints
- Schedule in-house and 3rd party contracted stagehands for assigned events
- Supervise back of house operations and staff including stagehands, security and conversion crew during assigned events
- Supervise and assist Front-of-House Guest Service staffing and assure that it is adjusted to balance customer service, safety and security to meet the financial needs of the event
- Manage event budgets and complete settlement documents for each event
- Communicate event requirements for the scoreboard, auxiliary boards, marquee and video equipment
- Prepare written details and requirements for each event; prepare floor plans and ensure compliance with applicable fire, building, and safety codes; communicate changes before and during events
- Collect and prepare settlements including labor, in-house and rental equipment etc.
- Provide excellent customer service to a wide variety of customers - internal and external
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Event Management, Theater Management, Business Management or other related field is preferred
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience managing events in a theater or arena is preferred
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for formal education
- Experience with technical theater equipment (lighting & audio) is preferred
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under stressful conditions
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and CAD programs
- Ability to lift 50lbs
$30,000-$35,000 depending on experience
The Broadmoor World Arena offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401K plan, long/short term disability, life insurance and profit sharing
The Broadmoor World Arena is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or marital status.
To apply please go to our website at worldarena.com/jobs complete an application and send resume along with a cover letter to:
By Email: email@example.com
By Mail: Open Position
The Broadmoor World Arena
3185 Venetucci Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
By Fax: 719-477-2199
DATE: April 10, 2015
JOB TITLE: Box Office Associate - Part Time
REPORTS TO: Box Office Manager
SALARY: $9.00 per hour
JOB SUMMARY: Selling tickets for every event in the ticketing system while maintaining the highest level of customer service. Must have basic computer knowledge, the ability to perform mathematical calculation involving money and tickets, able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, keep accurate records and maintain a professional and courteous manner towards co-workers and the general public at all times. This position is often the first point of contact the public has at The Broadmoor World Arena / Pikes Peak Center. Must be able to work variable hours, mainly nights and weekends.
REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
DATE: April 10, 2015
JOB TITLE: Audio Engineer - Part Time
REPORTS TO: Technical Marketing Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Duties include but are not limited to; set up of sound reinforcement, including microphones, cable and monitors for live music acts, act as monitor or house engineer, set up and operate playback and reinforcement for theatre, opera, meetings, choral concerts, dance, symphony, jazz, country, pop, variety shows. Stacking or hanging PA boxes, internal patching and troubleshooting. Maintain Audio Equipment including usage and storage. Responsible for activities of assigned workers. Additional duties may include but are not limited to: Assisting in light hangs and focus calls, unloading/loading trucks and theater maintenance. Must be willing to work weekdays, weekends, evening and some holidays.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have three years of professional audio mixing experience with emphasis on live event mixing or a combination of relevant experience and education. The ability and desire to work and interact well with a diverse group of people. A demonstrated ability to take direction from supervisors and clients. Must be able to handle stress under pressure and changes to production needs as necessary. Must be able to work under high pressure situations while maintaining a professional attitude.
HOURS: No guaranteed minimum hours. Hours will vary dependent on events. The BWA and PPC will strive to be flexible with the schedule making it possible for the candidate to take off-site jobs when possible. The Lead audio engineer and A2 will work with the PPC Event Management to assure that Events that require an audio technician are properly staffed.
DATE: May 7, 2015
JOB TITLE: Marketing Intern - SUMMER
REPORTS TO: Marketing Coordinator
The Broadmoor World Arena and the Pikes Peak Center are looking for a college junior, senior, or graduate student to serve as an intern. Both venues are managed the Colorado Springs World Arena, a local 501-c3 non-profit organization. Both are host to world class performers including CC Hockey, Alan Jackson, Huey Lewis and the News, and the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey. As an intern with our organization you will be introduced to every aspect of event marketing and have the opportunity to be involved with the process every step of the way.
This internship is unpaid
Intern Objectives Include:
• Assist with / learn the planning and promotion of family shows, concerts, and arena sporting events
• Assist with / learn day-of-event operations associated with all marketing and group sales events such as client parties, birthday parties, and corporate functions before and/or during the event.
• Assisting marketing and group sales staff with various projects involving research including conducting demographic and psychographic research for various department projects
• Learn to maintain and build the social media databases
• Grassroots marketing research and execution by going out into the community with a regular employee to represent the arena at festivals, fairs, and other events with high traffic to publicize arena and events coming to us. This will be done to flyer, poster, create relationships with various retailers, and get the word out about the arena and the upcoming shows
• Data entry for Cyber Club, e-mail database, and sales force: and assisting in ways to increase our database
• Learn to make group sales calls and Assist Group Sales Manager in researching corporations, scouts, schools, and other businesses that may be interested in group sales events.
• Help with the creation and execution of group sales plan and group sales flyers.
• Gathering event news clips for various building public relations
• Assist with various public relation functions such as: brainstorming, executing public relation events and performing all other duties assigned
• Assist in training of new intern rotations.
• Must be college junior, senior or grad student seeking an internship to satisfy a class credit requirement (housing and transportation are the student's responsibility)
• Hours/schedule based on school's credit hour requirements; Minimum of 15 hours per week from June through August; evenings and weekends required based on event calendar
• Summer Internship is from June through August
• Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Photoshop a plus
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Internet a plus
• Professional verbal and written communication skills in the English language
• Able to keep up in a fast-paced environment
• Must be assertive, outgoing, creative, hard-working, resourceful, independent thinker who is greatly interested in working in Sports/Entertainment Marketing
If interested, please email your resume to Nathan Landry at nathan@BroadmoorWorldArena.com